Illusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for readers, writers and artists

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Inheritance Cycle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominator
Sugar-and-Sack
Dominator

The Inheritance Cycle Empty
PostSubject: The Inheritance Cycle   The Inheritance Cycle Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:26 am

Well, several of us coming from IF, I could hardly not put this on here Smile

I assume most of you are familiar with Christopher Paolini's popular series; the current books being Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr. For those who are not, (shame on you Wink ) I will provide a brief explanation.

The IC entails the adventures of a young farm boy whose entire world was turned upside down by the discovery of a dragon egg in the forest near his home. When his dragon, Saphira, hatches for him, his life becomes a lot more dangerous as Galbatorix, mad King of Alagaesia, sets out to either recruit him as the last dargon Rider, or kill him. Galbatorix was once a Rider himself, but when his dragon Jarnunvosk was killed by savage war-like creatures called Urgals, he in his madness blamed and destroyed the Riders.

As the first free Rider in a hundred years, Eragon sets off on a journey to avenge his uncle, and to join the King's enemies so that Alagaesia may one day be peaceful once more.

I would recommend the series to any readers interested in fantasy, magical stories. I myself have fallen in love with the Inheritence Cycle ever since I first read Eragon. Some people have been put off by the half-rate attempt at a film of Eragon, but I for one can vouch for the books as engaging and exciting reads.

The fourth book of the cycle is due to come out (hopefully) within the next year or two. As an avid fan of the series, I have spent months debating how the fate of Eragon and his friends will pan out.
Overall, a wondrous series of great books; I would recommend to all.

Dom

Last edited by Dominator on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Allysmurfy
I wear no Wings
I wear no Wings
Allysmurfy

PostSubject: Re: The Inheritance Cycle   The Inheritance Cycle Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:28 am

Dom, it would be great if you could put a little more information in this. Like the plot...its characters, and why you like it.
Back to top Go down
https://writersillusion.forumotion.com
Dominator
Sugar-and-Sack
Dominator

PostSubject: Re: The Inheritance Cycle   The Inheritance Cycle Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:11 am

I apologise most profusely. I suppose being so accustomed to IF, it has become habit for me to expect everyone to be familiar with the series.

I really am sorry, I hope this one is better.
Dom
Back to top Go down
Allysmurfy
I wear no Wings
I wear no Wings
Allysmurfy

PostSubject: Re: The Inheritance Cycle   The Inheritance Cycle Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:55 pm

It is thank you for changing it. We can't have the Moderators...spamming or the Admins for that matter. This reminds me of another rule we need to have.
Back to top Go down
Dominator
Sugar-and-Sack
Dominator

PostSubject: Re: The Inheritance Cycle   The Inheritance Cycle Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:09 pm

I don't know if I'd count it as spam... It was more of a brief introduction towards the opening of a topic, you know? But hey, I respect that you're totally my boss.

I might post something about spamming in the rules, as I've seen that with only a few members at the moment; standards might be slipping a little in post length and the likes. Just an idea.

Anyway, sorry for the off-topic posts guys.
Dom
Back to top Go down
Allysmurfy
I wear no Wings
I wear no Wings
Allysmurfy

PostSubject: Re: The Inheritance Cycle   The Inheritance Cycle Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:21 pm

Yes, I have to hop on that. >: ) beware members, beware. I need to get Scottie or get myself into shape and do it. Let this be a warning to all. Do. Not. Spam. Farther announcements will be up later.
Back to top Go down
Scottie
Last of the Time Lords
Scottie

PostSubject: Re: The Inheritance Cycle   The Inheritance Cycle Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:19 pm

Ah, the evil-ness of Mods and Admins Twisted Evil

HOw did I know that this topic would find its way onto our recommended book list? Oh right! Inheritance Forums. Smile
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhiteDragons
King Galby of Helgrind
King Galby of Helgrind
BlackandWhiteDragons

PostSubject: Re: The Inheritance Cycle   The Inheritance Cycle Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:28 pm

I too was waiting for this topic to pop up here Very Happy I knew it would be here at some point. God, I hope that the last book will be out in spring (Australia here) as people are speculating....

BWD
Back to top Go down
Selena
Vernon Dursley
Selena

PostSubject: Re: The Inheritance Cycle   The Inheritance Cycle Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:30 am

Seeing as most of us came from the Inheritance Forums most of everyone should know this but I'm going to say it anyways: Book IV which will be called Inheritance will come out in November!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Inheritance Cycle   The Inheritance Cycle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Inheritance Cycle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Illusion :: The SciFi, Fantasy, Horror Hub :: Books and Recommendations-
Jump to: