Illusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for readers, writers and artists

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Harry Potter

Go down 
+3
little-miss-random
Scottie
Dominator
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dominator
Sugar-and-Sack
Dominator

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:53 am

Well, how could we not have a topic on one of the best series ever?

I recently discovered Rowling's official website, and there some awesome stuff I found out! For instance, Harry became head of the Auror office aged 27, and the entire (up to date) Weasley family tree! I don't remember it all, but Bill and Fleur had two daughters- Dominique and Victoire, and a son Louis. George had a son called Fred, Luna married a Rolf and Charlie never married!

I am your ultimate Harry Potter fan, I've been reading since I was five- and have adored almost all the movies, other than the sixth. Goblet of Fire is the best book though, easy(:

~Dom~
Back to top Go down
Scottie
Last of the Time Lords
Scottie

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:02 pm

I'm not sure whether I agree with you about Goblet of Fire being the best book. I always liked Prisoner of Azkaban. Love a good werewolf... but I think they sort of messed up the werewolf in the movie. It was a very strange looking wolf...

I'm not saying that Goblet of Fire wasn't good though. Because it was. I really like the character of Barty Crouch Junior. Completely mad. Very Happy Voldemort isn't quite mad enough. Good mad characters are... well, good.
Back to top Go down
Dominator
Sugar-and-Sack
Dominator

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:12 pm

Hahaha of course you'd like the actor Wink

The third was OK, but it was sort of one of the younger ones, that I've grown out of a little. Of course, I'll never be too old for Harry Potter, but one two and three can get a little boring sometimes I guess. The fourth was just so original creative, and the most closely related movie since the first and second.

They often messed up the movies, but I never thought the werewolf was that bad. Voldemort, on the hand, was amazing! I think the actor (Ralph Fiennes) was perfect, and his rebirth looked fantastic.

~Dom~
Back to top Go down
Scottie
Last of the Time Lords
Scottie

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:27 pm

I don't like Barty Crouch Junior because of David Tennant but he was great in the movie. I was just saying that books need a good mad person.

Ralph Fiennes is a great actor and I thought he was epic in his whole part as Voldemort, but the character Voldemort himself is not particularly mad. More evil. But less mad. Mad people add a twist to it, luuuuuuuuuuunacy...

I know these things because I am mad. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dominator
Sugar-and-Sack
Dominator

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:41 pm

Hahaha I totally hadn't noticed.. Wink

So, are you saying Ralph Fiennes wasn't mad enough? Or that Rowling herself didn't portray Voldy as a particularly insane character? Ahh... if only someone with decent skills had prouced Eragon, then we might have sometimes managed to get a decent mad bad King(:

Barty Crouch Jr. was certainly a great mental case, and Tennant was obviously the man for the job, even if he was nothing like the kid in the book. For once, I preferred the film version.

Dom
Back to top Go down
Scottie
Last of the Time Lords
Scottie

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 6:24 pm

I'm not sure about the movie character of Barty Crouch junior being different to the character in the book. I think they were pretty similar! I mean in the space of book-movie relationships they are pretty closely matched.

I think that J.K.R didn't make Voldemort particularly MAD as such. He's a great evil character but not really mad.

I agree with Julia. THEY NEED TO REMAKE THE ERAGON MOVIE. IT. WAS. CRAP.

My sanity ran away from my insanity and it hasn't particularly wanted to come back.
Back to top Go down
Dominator
Sugar-and-Sack
Dominator

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:18 am

I don't know.. I always him as younger than the movie portrayed. However, I preferred the film's take on him.

Yeah, but that's just him. Have him mad, and he mightn't have done all the brillirant yet evil stuff that he did.

Arr, dont even talk about the Eragon movie. I'm thinking we'll be needing a thread on the IC though. I'll get right onto it.

Dom
Back to top Go down
little-miss-random
Vernon Dursley
little-miss-random

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:44 pm

I agree voldermort should be crazier nothing like a crazy evil villan running around killing people

My favorite character is bellatrix lestrange shes evil and a bit mad to ... its a good combination

Back to top Go down
Dominator
Sugar-and-Sack
Dominator

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:19 am

I adore Bellatrix, and Helena Bonham Carter was the absolute perfect actress to play her. I honestly think her, Emma Watson and David Tenant were the most perfectly cast characters in the series.

Perhaps Voldy would have been slightly more interesting as someone insane, but his very morales and ideas sort of did make him insane... just not in a crazy sort of way. But I truly think Rowling shouldn't change a thing about the series- it's all so perfect(:

Back to top Go down
BlackandWhiteDragons
King Galby of Helgrind
King Galby of Helgrind
BlackandWhiteDragons

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 7:53 pm

Bellatrix = <3 And DOBBY!!! I was so sad when Dobby died in the book! I read it when I was 10 or 11. And OMG.... I was so p*ssed. The page itself has tear drop marks on it from me Very Happy

BWD
Back to top Go down
Scottie
Last of the Time Lords
Scottie

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:15 pm

Awww, how cute BWD. A little tear stain dedicated to Dobby.

Dobby was a good character though. And Bellatrix!!! I love insane characters!!! And perfectly acted too! Bravo, maestro!
Back to top Go down
Baxelis
Vernon Dursley
Baxelis

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:55 am

*chimes in*

Bellatrix is a brilliant character. She also has the BEST death scene BY FAR, in my opinion.

"NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU bon-bon!"
Molly. <3

And just in response to the bit about the Weasley family tree, is it just me or does anyone else feel a bit uncomfortable with a lot of JKR's future pairings? (Specifically the invention of Audrey. WHY? JUST WHY?)

Also Neville/Hannah (EXCUSE ME - what about Luna?) and Oliver/Katie. I dislike these. I tend to ignore anything that JKR has outside book 7 - so everything in the Epilogue is canon, the rest is "NO GO AWAY I REALLY DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE".
Back to top Go down
http://baxelis.deviantart.com
Scottie
Last of the Time Lords
Scottie

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:06 am

hahahahaha!!! Did you write bon-bon or is that our automatic swear changer?

Yeah I like Bellatrix's death scene. EPICNESS!!!!

OMFG I saw Helena Bonham Carter in the King's Speech. I was like "wait... BELLATRIX!!!" but not that loudly...
Back to top Go down
Baxelis
Vernon Dursley
Baxelis

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:55 pm

It was the automatic swear-changer. I must admit, it rather takes away from the overall effect of the line. D;
Back to top Go down
Scottie
Last of the Time Lords
Scottie

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:08 pm

That's what I was thinking. I like it Very Happy funny...
Back to top Go down
Allysmurfy
I wear no Wings
I wear no Wings
Allysmurfy

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:58 pm

Smile BWD did most of the swear changes, sorry 'bout that we agreed t'was necessary. I like writing and reading about insane characters- in this case watching how Bellatrix was played out in the movies. Because in writing it mostly revoles around how this person thinks- and why they think what they are doing is sane.
Back to top Go down
https://writersillusion.forumotion.com
Baxelis
Vernon Dursley
Baxelis

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:27 pm

But Bellatrix? A bon-bon? Methinks it's a trifle incongruous.
Back to top Go down
Scottie
Last of the Time Lords
Scottie

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Haha... your replies haven't changed at all Baxelis.

Bellatrix is an epic character! I still like Barty Crouch junior
Back to top Go down
Baxelis
Vernon Dursley
Baxelis

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:43 am

Of course I haven't.

And I still say Percy is my favourite character. Anyone who'd like to take me up on that, and say that Percy should have died instead of Fred, is WELCOME TO ENTER A DEBATE.

You will lose.

Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Quillion
Bitterblue
Quillion

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 11:19 am

This is an amazing fanvid, music: This is War by 30 Seconds to Mars

Didn't anyone tell them that Harry Potter wasn't allowed to end? Why does everything hurt? Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter
Page 1 of 1