Illusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for readers, writers and artists

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Scottie
Last of the Time Lords
Scottie

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Empty
PostSubject: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel   The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:42 am

Plot overview
---------------------------------------------------------

The main story arc charts the adventures of fifteen year old twins Sophie and Josh Newman, whose regular lives working at their summer jobs (Sophie works in a coffee shop, Josh works in a bookstore) are turned upside down by the arrival of Dr. John Dee. Dr. Dee engages the bookstore owner Nick Fleming in a battle of magic in an attempt to steal an ancient book, The Book of Abraham the Mage (aka the Codex) from him. Dr. Dee snatches the book from Josh's grasp but Josh manages to retain two pages. Dr Dee also kidnaps Nick's wife Perry in the melee and imprisons her on Alcatraz Island.

After the battle Nick Fleming confesses to Josh and Sophie that his real name is Nicholas Flamel, that he is the French alchemist from history, that he is also immortal, and that the twins, himself and Perry (his immortal wife, Perenelle Flamel) are in grave danger. Nicholas tells the twins that he believes them to be mentioned in a prophecy within the Codex, and that the fate of the world as they know it could depend on his success in getting their latent magic awakened. He also tells them that without the Codex, both he and Perry will die within a month, as their immortality depends on a recipe for a special elixir found only within its pages.

Meanwhile Dr. Dee has found out that he is missing two very vital pages from the Codex. The pages are the Final Summoning, needed by him to return his masters, the Dark Elders to the face of the earth ... and so begins a fast paced race as Dee pursues the twins, Nicholas for the pages of the Codex, whilst Nicholas aided by Scathach and others race to get the twins latent magical auras awakened, to get them schooled in the use of the elemental magics, and to rescue his beloved Perry.

The stories criss-cross the globe featuring well known places and sites, such as San Francisco, London, the Eiffel Tower, Stonehenge and the Golden Gate Bridge. Many characters from history and mythology help both sides pursue their goals. In the first three books alone; Hekate, the Witch of Endor, Niccolò Machiavelli, Bastet, William Shakespeare and Mars Ultor were just some of the characters that had entered this series.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far only four of the books in the six book series are out - the Alchemyst, The Magician, The Sorceress, and The Necromancer.

The two that are still coming are - The Warlock and The Enchantress.
Back to top Go down
Dominator
Sugar-and-Sack
Dominator

PostSubject: Re: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel   The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:09 am

This sounds like a really great book, but I'm confused. Who is this Nicholas Flamel? For he was used in Harry Potter as well..

Dom
Back to top Go down
Scottie
Last of the Time Lords
Scottie

PostSubject: Re: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel   The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:04 pm

NICHOLAS FLAMEL IS NOT A HARRY POTTER CREATION!!!!! *pant*

Nicholas Flamel was a real person a long time ago (early 1330s–c. 1418). He was a successful French scrivener and manuscript-seller who developed a posthumous reputation as an alchemist due to his reputed work on the philosopher's stone.

The myth is that he is still alive thanks to his greatest possession - the philosopher's stone.
Back to top Go down
Dominator
Sugar-and-Sack
Dominator

PostSubject: Re: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel   The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:08 am

Haha I realise that now. Since posting the above, I've read the entire series so far(: And I must say, I LOVED it! Scott is very clever in the sense of bringing back actual moments and people from the past, and working them into his stories. We've seen historical characters, Greek Gods, Norse Gods, myths, legends, wars.. and it all ties in very nicely.

I can't wait for May 24th now, when The Warlock is set to be released. What did you think of the ending of The Necromancer? It really left me hanging :/
Back to top Go down
Scottie
Last of the Time Lords
Scottie

PostSubject: Re: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel   The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:12 am

Hooray!!!! SEE??? I do have good taste in books! Tell BWD that...

I kinda liked the end of the Necromancer. It was a good cliffhanger!
Back to top Go down
Dominator
Sugar-and-Sack
Dominator

PostSubject: Re: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel   The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:50 pm

Haha yes, you have amazing taste(:

It was a good cliffy, but now i'm dying for The Warlock.
Back to top Go down
Scottie
Last of the Time Lords
Scottie

PostSubject: Re: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel   The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:03 am

I KNOW!!! Apparently it might be coming out in May (!!!) I'm still waiting to find out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel   The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Illusion :: The SciFi, Fantasy, Horror Hub :: Books and Recommendations-
Jump to: