Illusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for readers, writers and artists

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

June 10 2011

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Quillion
Bitterblue
Quillion

June 10 2011 Empty
PostSubject: June 10 2011   June 10 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Lol consistency, a funny joke

At night I am everything I fear, tears and sorrows, black windows and muffled screams. In the morning, I am all I ever want to be: rain and laughter, bare footprints and invisible seams, always without breath or definition. I claim every single dawn, for yesterday is simply what I was, and tomorrow even that will be gone.

Staceyann Chin

taken from her poem "Feminist or Womanist"

watch full poetry reading here

Warnings for sexual assault and rape culture

Is it obvious yet that I am a bit of a feminist?
Back to top Go down
Allysmurfy
I wear no Wings
I wear no Wings
Allysmurfy

June 10 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 10 2011   June 10 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 2:34 pm

Hmm, interesting. I might have to do something with this.
Back to top Go down
https://writersillusion.forumotion.com
Quillion
Bitterblue
Quillion

June 10 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 10 2011   June 10 2011 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:40 am

Such good slam poetry.

The sun is sinking and he can feel himself changing. Bones crack, skin tears, fingernails turning into claws, nose lengthening. He can feel his brain change. It returns to basic, primal instinct. He howls from the pain, and howls from the confinement, and howls because he is lonely. He pushes against the walls, then slams into them, the scratches and bites at them. Something must be able to break them down.

He stills when he hears shuffling from out side the locked door. There's a muffled sound, words that he knows he would understand if he wasn't like this. The lock clicks open and two messy haired boys slip in. He stares at them, lips pulled back, and normally he would be lunging at them, going for the throat, but he doesn't. A half remembered friend translates roughly into pack. But humans can't be pack.

Then they start to change, a black dog and a stag. His mouth starts watering but he knows that alone he couldn't take the deer down. And still, the sense of pack excludes from them. So he doesn't lunge. A rat slips in, and all of the animals look at it. Now this, this he could take. Small and defenseless. A good snack. He advances on the rodent, languidly and snarling. It squeaks and scurries in between the stag's hooves.

Hmph. He growls, and the dog slides protectively between him and the stag. The dog sidles closer until their noses touch, sniffing cautiously. It smells comfortable, and his hackles lower. He can deal with this.

because obviously werewolf.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

June 10 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: June 10 2011   June 10 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

June 10 2011
Page 1 of 1