Illusion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for readers, writers and artists

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Graceling - Bitterblue appreciation post

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Quillion
Bitterblue
Quillion

Graceling - Bitterblue appreciation post  Empty
PostSubject: Graceling - Bitterblue appreciation post    Graceling - Bitterblue appreciation post  Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 11:47 pm

So there should be graceling fic. I have trawled the FF archive, there are KASTA AND PO IN LURVE fics, there are OMG MY MYSTERIOUS OC IS AWESOME fics. Both of which are fine in small doses. The one problem is there are no Bitterblue fics. This is a great travesty! Admittidly at times Bitterblue is whiney, but she is ten and her mother is dead and her father is a sick, sick man. She is going to be Queen of a country where the people are recovering from having their entire world view shifted, dealing with various factions, dealing with running a country, dealing with staying separate from her grandfather Ror, who might take advantage and try and control of Monsea (I think I got that right?).

Then this is a country who is being ruled by someone who is half of another race. Do they distrust her? Also, she is ten. She needs to be in control, right? obviously she can't run everything, so who helps her? She is also growing up. Does she like someone? do people try and get her to ~like~ them so she will favor them? do people take advantage of her?

She must make mistakes, what ones does she make? does she insult a foreign diplomat by accident? Does she do this when shes young and it can be passed off?

There will be problems with the land, maybe a blight will hit the crops, or there's famine, what does she do? Does she cut down on her own intake of food? does she have stores of food that she gives to the people?

Ugh! I want to know all of these but am much to lazy to write fic about it. I just hope that this post will inspire others! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlackandWhiteDragons
King Galby of Helgrind
King Galby of Helgrind
BlackandWhiteDragons

Graceling - Bitterblue appreciation post  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graceling - Bitterblue appreciation post    Graceling - Bitterblue appreciation post  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:47 pm

This is a great idea! I haven't read Fire yet, but I have read Graceling. And yup, you spelt Monsea right. I can't do this because:

1. I already have a story on the go, two in fact, but one is in "storage" at this moment.
2. My head is jammed full of other ideas which are only laid out in dot points so I don't forget about them.
3. It will take me a long time to get about writing this.

Why don't you want to write this story? I think it would be a great idea! I love writing, and it seems you have a lot of ideas running around, so why not expel them by writing it all down? You don't want something nasty to be dribbling out of your ears later, and I think you would be perfectly capable in writing this, so why not give it a go? If you don't want to after a period of time, then you have the right to put down your pen and quit, but you can be proud of yourself because you gave it a go.

Well, that's all from me. Smile

BWD
Back to top Go down

Graceling - Bitterblue appreciation post
Page 1 of 1